Sunday, September 12, 2010

Shall We Dance.

The long weekend is over. I found myself forgetting what day it was all weekend long, almost like a mini-holiday. Friday was spent at a delicious lunch at Takashimaya and searching for last-season boots at Pedder Red for a friend. I am too nice sometimes. One dollar ice cream, as usual. Shopping and coffee at Tom and Tom's, where they have an alarm-clock thing which they give you, to tell you that your drink is ready.
Saturday was spent at the cinema watching Step up 3, getting inspired, and trying on amazing high heels with studs.
Sunday was laundry/room cleaning day. I attended a few minutes of the symphony orchestra concert at the cultural centre and then rushed off to tennis training only to find out the venue was changed. Tennis training involved two sets of doubles and intense physical training. Then I calmed down with some riddles.


I have been thinking about things that inspire me, and decided to begin collecting things. I firmly believe that a picture can say a million words. However expressing my thoughts requires pictures and words. So here are some things that inspire me...




1. Balinese Dancer painting by Koeh Sia Yong. I used to do Balinese dance.
2. La Petite Danseuse de Quatorze Ans by Edwards Degas. I actually saw this sculpture at either the Louvre or Musee d'Orsay in Paris in 2003, and loved it.
3. Flamenco Dancer II by Caroline Gold. I learned flamenco a long time ago.
4. Ballerina by Frank Riederle. I love ballet.

It is all dance this time. 
When you dance, you can attempt to forget everything. When you are concentrating, you do not have the space to let other thoughts disrupt and corrupt you. If you love the music the music will love you back. You can dance off stress, dance to cry, dance to laugh. As long as you are doing it for you, it is right.

And now...back to those readings...
Have a great start to the week.
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment